A business needs to understand the differences between seller feedback vs product reviews. A proper understanding of the two’s distinctions can help the business’s success in the retail and e-commerce sector.
This article investigates the differences, the connections, and the vitality of seller feedback and customer reviews. To find how exactly they help a business succeed.
The Role Of Intermediaries in E-Commerce
In the highly competitive world of e-commerce, businesses selling through online retail intermediaries must maintain a solid reputation—the better the seller feedback and the reviews. Then, more positive their image and secure their standing on the platform.
Consider the world’s largest e-commerce platform Amazon. Catering to a considerable amount of businesses and consumers from every corner of the world. Amazon is raking in billions and has become the world’s second-largest retail chain, just behind Walmart.
Cloud computing and seamless connectivity is the trump card that enables Amazon to continue surging ahead. This helps Amazon to go head to head with established retail giants.
The many benefits offered by online retail platforms are the key reason behind its rising popularity. Sellers and consumers flock to Amazon to meet their individual needs. Today, it is quite rare to find a manufacturer who does not sell through the retail giant.
What is Seller Feedback?
Sellers on Amazon need to be aware of two key metrics that can have a significant impact on the health of their business Amazon. Seller feedback and product reviews are two self-explanatory attributes. And their pattern & nature can make or break a business’s relationship with the platform. Seller feedback is the information that a customer provides regarding their purchasing experience with a particular seller.
If you are an Amazon seller, feedback is the grade that a customer gives about you. And it is separate from the review that she/he provides about the product they bought from you. So, seller feedback can be in the form of a star rating in addition to a written comment about several things.
The nature of seller feedback depends upon certain factors like:
- The quickness and thoroughness with which a seller responded to the customer’s queries.
- The delivery practices and the shipping process. That is, whether the package arrived at the expected delivery date, the packaging quality, and the seller’s customer support service.
Seller feedback are evaluations of a customer’s experience with merchant fulfilled orders.
What are Product Reviews?
A product review is all about the quality and performance of a product or service. Retail product reviews are not much different from online assignments that help service reviews on review aggregator sites like Myassignmenthelp.com.
Product reviews revolve around things like:
- The accuracy of the received product
- The functionality, quality, and usability of a product.
- Customer’s expectations and level of satisfaction
Product reviews concern mainly the product and not necessarily the seller even more. So when the seller is not the manufacturer but just another procurer in the supply chain. Although, both product reviews and seller feedback are essential. Reviews carry more weight. This is because product reviews are the first thing that a customer sees before making a buying decision. Moreover, product reviews affect a product’s rank on Amazon’s listings.
If you’re interested, read this to get more.
Improving Seller Feedback And Product Reviews To Boost Sales And Reputation
Understanding the means to improve feedback and reviews is an essential task of every Amazon seller.
- Seller feedback shows up on seller profiles and guides a customer’s buying decisions. Customers can leave candid testimonials and feedback patterns can affect a seller’s Amazon Account Health and seller performance metrics. Excellent seller feedback can help sellers win the Buy Box facility on Amazon that can boost view and sales. On the other hand, consistently poor seller feedback can lead to suspension of the seller account.
Some techniques to rake in positive seller feedback include:
- Having precise and accurate product specifications
- Understanding and surpassing customer expectations
- Offering an acceptable return policy
- Answering customer queries at the earliest
- Improving customer engagement by responding graciously to negative feedback
- Product Reviews are the testament to a product’s authenticity, quality, performance, and the buyer’s satisfaction. These reviews have a significant impact on the conversion rate and product rankings in the search results. Both genuine buyers and visitors can leave reviews on a particular product. And sellers should make it a priority to manage product reviews carefully. I hope now you have some know-how about seller feedback vs product reviews.
Businesses can earn better reviews by:
- Avoiding hyperbolic language and misleading product descriptions
- Promoting the product across several platforms and spreading the word
- Avoiding selling products that repeatedly garner bad ratings
- Responding to buyers reviews through Amazon’s Buyer-Seller Messaging service for any resolution
And that wraps up this little blog. Let’s hope you were able to understand the significant differences between seller feedback and product reviews through it.